School for Outdoor Leadership, Adventure and Recreation (S.O.L.A.R.)
Standing Rules are continuing policies (as opposed to one-time actions addressing specific situations, appropriations, etc.) that have been enacted by formal motions of the Steering Committee (SC), but are not part of S.O.L.A.R.'s Bylaws.
All previously adopted Standing Rules are hereby rescinded. The following policies and any subsequent deletions, modifications of or additions to them constitute the Standing Rules of S.O.L.A.R. S.O.L.A.R.'s Secretary and Bylaws chairperson shall maintain a list of current Standing Rules.
(1) Except as specified elsewhere in the Bylaws or Standing Rules, all expenditures of S.O.L.A.R. funds require the approval of the Steering Committee.
(2) The Activities and Education chairpersons have authority to approve expenditures/ reimbursements for activities and classes, respectively, except when s/he is the recipient of the funds, in which case the President has authority to approve the expenditure/reimbursement.
(3) Expenses/reimbursements in excess of revenues received for a particular activity or class require the approval of the Steering Committee. A good-faith effort on the part of the activity/class organizer to plan, promote and budget for the activity/class will generally be sufficient justification to approve the expenditure.
(4) Revenues, reimbursement requests, and appropriate documentation must be turned in within 60 days of the date the revenue is received or the expense is incurred, or the date the relevant activity or class concludes, whichever is later.
(5) Classes offered through S.O.L.A.R. are offered to those 18 years of age and older.
(6) Classes offered through S.O.L.A.R. shall prohibit the consumption of alcoholic beverages during the class.
(7) The Education Chairperson, during his/her term in office, shall not serve as lead instructor of any class having more than 2 instruction sessions or an overnight practical.
(8) Members who borrow S.O.L.A.R.-owned equipment are required to sign and abide by the Equipment Use Agreement. The Equipment Chairperson has discretion to determine the deposit required.
(9) AV equipment, two-way radios, and the large canopy structure are available for use only at classes and activities offered through S.O.L.A.R. and official S.O.L.A.R. functions.
(10) All S.O.L.A.R. members shall sign S.O.L.A.R.'s liability waiver each year.